1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    今年我们正在制作另外两本印刷杂志。七月和十一月。144页高质量的冒险故事,摄影和访谈!新利18苹果

Click here to以35美元的价格购买两者.
    Dismiss Notice

My KTM 950 Story....lots of pics!

讨论'Dakar champion (950/990)''开始Pyndon,Jun 23, 2006.

1. Pyndon

Pyndon长计时器

加入:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    在两个轮子上的某个地方!

Well I’ve been hanging around here for a while now trying to decide what adventure bike to buy. After deciding to get a KTM 950 Adventure about three months ago I went down my local dealer and ordered one, a new 2006 Adventure S and it was going to be there in a week....oh, then another week, then another week and so on. Nothing they could do it was the factory not delivering and all dealers were in the same boat (I called loads to try and get one!). So in the mean time I looked around for used ones. Eventually found an ‘S’ pop up, Steverino’s 2004 'S'…..nice:rayof! Needless to say I snapped it up in the first half hour of the add been placed:交易. I actually tried to buy the bike a few months ago but Steve beat me to it ;o), ah well second time lucky!:wink:

The bike was in West Vaginia but Steve rode it all the way to Texas and delivered it…..what a top guy:bmwrider:lol3.

I've been riding bikes since the age of 11 and raced Enduro and Supermoto in the UK over the past seven years. I also built racing engines for many top UK racers until I moved to Texas. I got a new job in Texas USA and that’s where I am living at the moment. As a result of my relocation, it was time to abolish the rush and stress of the racing environment and do some adventure riding. I intend to be in Texas for a couple of years and see as much of the USA as I can while I am here……on two wheels:瑞奇.

Here is my new ride, the day Steve dropped it off.

[IMG]

拥有里程记录总是很好的,这样我就知道我是否从中使用了它!

[IMG]

I know.....the dash needs a bit of a tidy up!

Anyway, Day 1: First Ride Report:

好吧,前几天我拿出自行车进行了第一次跑步,并注意到了一些我真正想触底的东西。我是一名工程师,喜欢一切都正确。这是我发现的:
    1. 悬架是一袋便便,真正需要重建。另外,由于我打算做一些严肃的越野,因此我将悬架恢复到原来的“高高”高度。有人买了一个s并放下了.hmmmmmm!
    2. The seat was diabolical, Renazco to the rescue I think!
    3. Steering all over on high speed off-road and sand, need to sort a damper out, emig racing maybe?
    4. 入口区或SAS的某个地方问题。可怕的弹出式在减速上,自行车据说已经删除了SAS,将望向那个。
    5. Terrible start up noise:耳朵但是我已经知道,这是油压延迟的延迟,因此对此没有什么可做的。在那个上阅读TSB!
    6. Engine has a shewing noise:耳朵to it, usually an indication of the valve clearances being too large, so I will check them out.
    7. Front brakes warped, going to order some floaters…..wavey ones too while I am at it!
    8. Front brake calipers sticking, probably due to neglect so I will rebuild those.
    9. Found that Pirelli Scorps are crap off-road!
    10. 前刹车线与前高挡泥板套件的路线不太好,因此可以使一些新的编织软管整齐地搭配它们。
    11. Oil change and check screens, for my own peace of mind.
    12. Dyno and set air-fuel up correctly, seems very close but always good to check.
    13. Final thing I found was the fact that I had made the right choice in choosing a 950 adventure. I loved riding it, it just kept putting a smile on my face over an over. Once I get the bike to the standard I like, it will be awesome. Day 1 over, watch this space.
    第2天:让拆除开始!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Started going over the bike with a fine tooth colm and found the following:

[IMG]

发现Touratech Zega的“非常方便地支撑自行车”以重新悬架等!:D

First thing I noticed was the air filter had been trapped in the seal so the airbox wasn’t sealed correctly, and it was on the clean side:(:. Easy fixed with a new filter and some care and attention on assembly.

[IMG]

The SAS had been removed, well literally hacked out and where the pipe fitting is on the clean side of the airbox the bung they had used to plug the hole was split which lets nice dirty air into my engine…..nice:cry! Fortunatley the airbox was clean so maybe this only split recently, who knows?

[IMG]

Next at the other end of the SAS at the cylinder head where the reed valves are they had also plugged them but the hose was split. Yes, you got it, nice dirty air being sucked into the engine:(:. This explains the popping and farting so I have ordered some blanking plates so I can remove the reed valved and blank the heads properly.

[IMG]

Came to remove the carbs and the front carb was not even clamped on so fuel had been slattering into the airbox. This may also explain some popping back when you rev it stationary. Easy fix……fit the carbs properly next time!

[IMG]

Got the suspension out so I can get that on its way. The front forks were jerky and horrible, lots of friction. Also, the neoprene boots that are supposed to keep dirt out were badly damaged, needless to say they are in the bin now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have ordered a set of new wheels so these will be going on the Flea market in about two months. That’s the lead time on the wheels but they will be worth it, just wait and see.

测量了转子面前只有一方warped. It is also more warn than the other so my bet is that the bike has been used with one disc at some time. New rotors will sort that.

Got the engine and cleaned it all off. Also checked the frame for cracks in the usual places on these things….none, which is nice. An indication that the bike has predominantly been used on the street.

Sump guard was cracked, which I already knew about so I ordered a Touratech one, who knows how long that will take to arrive.

Exhausts were pretty grafted with baked mud so removed them to scotchbrite them up and make them easier to keep on top of.

[IMG]

排水的机油,非常好,屏幕非常干净,所以很好。

卸下火花塞,被枪杀。原件和电极上的12000英里很明显,您可以在途中驾驶一辆公共汽车,途中新的火花。

[IMG]

眼睛。然后!从水夹克中渗出一点,但TSB已经完成了,所以我只能将珠子放在这一珠子上,因为它似乎没有使用任何水。这确实是很小的,只有头部和圆柱体上的灰尘才能使其充满。

现在进行阀门清除。好吧,进气口非常好,但是排气门是恶魔般的。前气缸间隙为0.35,后部为0.325,这可能解释了我怀疑这是阀列的阀噪声,这是阀门相关的大型间隙。

[IMG]

前缸:后缸:

[IMG] [IMG]

Camshafts and valve train look to be in reasonable condition, a few scorings but I understand this is common on the earlier bikes. I will check the cam clearance on assembly with the plasti-shim.

[IMG]

我猜测转向轴承和摇臂轴承需要油脂。这是骑自行车从未做过的人中有95%的工作之一,但由于自行车刻有零头,现在是时候这样做了。虽然今天没时间,所以明白了!

我还发现,这些东西不是很容易处理的。最重要的是,当您卸下油箱油中的屏幕时,也可以在整个布线上进行.....好吧,我想它会阻止它腐蚀!

:拍

That’s it for today, need to go and order lots of things to get this puppy sorted out. Gonna take a couple of weeks but I cannot wait till its all done, it will be a different bike for sure.

除上述自行车外,一切都很棒,一切都需要一个良好的旧清洁和看见,它将是A1。Steverino肯定会给我带来很多交易,我会以完全相同的方式剥离一辆新自行车,然后穿过它,润滑它并正确准备。我喜欢骑自行车,使它们成为顶尖的形状,继续观看,更快地跟随,但现在要喝啤酒!!!!:sl

Day 3: More sweat!

今天订购了Touratech狂欢板和一些Emig Tripple夹具,并带有稳定器,现在我没有钱了。:scratch

将我的停赛带到兰开斯特南部自行车镇的柯蒂斯。他们正在进行重建,将其恢复到原始密封件等。

Cleaned up the exhaust headers, they only took me an hour! Wow, that mud was really baked on there. They look much better now though and I inspected them whilst I was at it…….no damage or cracks…great stuff.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Got the valve shims today and got them in, and got the engine timed up again, clearances all within specification now

:拍

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cleaned the SAS ports out in the cylinder heads and fitted the blanking plates with a small amount of sealant. How much tidier do they look in conparison to the botch that was there before!?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Stripped the front calipers down...they were reallt grafted with dirt and brake dust. One whole can of brake cleaner and another hour later, hey presto, free as a bird. Fully copper greased up a ready to roll.:rofl

[IMG]

嗯。我最难卸下秋千杆螺栓,但是很长一段时间以来,吸盘一直没有出去!它在中间位于发动机灌木丛之间的中间腐蚀,以至于它不会穿过摆动臂上的轴承内部。我尝试并尝试了一个小时,然后移动了大约两英寸!用锤子两次碰到我的拇指后,:bash=:cryso I decided to wiat until tomorrow and borrow a bigger hammer off somebody so I could get a bit more force behind it. Failing that I'll have to drill it out :eek1 !

That’s it for tonight, swing arm bolt has ground me down….going for a beer or ten:beercheers!

做了很多:类型tonight and first time in posting pictures so hopefully it has got me some good training for when I post all of my ride reports!

Hope I did'nt bore you too much up to know. I will post more in the near future as the bike nears completion.

Regards, Pyn

2. AntWare

AntWareLost In Translation

加入:
    Oct 10, 2002
    Oddometer:
    Bloody 'ell mate, when you get done with that, can you do mine:rofl
  3. CMWoody

CMWoody禁止

加入:
    2004年8月28日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    北卡罗来纳州霍特维尔
    Man, I'm glad I didn't buy that bike.:evil我可以把950年代从DFW KTM此次将为你要托运的吗out for me?:lol3

顺便说一句,无论史蒂夫怎么说,我都没有放下那个座位。
  4. gefr

gefrLife is a trip

加入:
    Nov 26, 2005
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    East Med, Greece
    Great job , elaborately made!! Not only the bike stripping, the problems adressed but also the photo report!!! Thanks a lot!!

P.S. The brake callipers need further dismantling to get greased or you do it on the bike (detached as you show it) ??
  5. SQD8R

SQD8REat squids and be merry

加入:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    The Village: 52.9144° N, -4.09615° E
    EXCELLENT WORK!:拍I'm looking forward to the next installment.:freaky
  6. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock长计时器

加入:
    2004年2月29日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    IntheeaglewingpalaceoftheQueenChinee
    thanks for the pics,most excellent
  7. Steverino

SteverinoArrogant Horse's Ass #1

加入:
    2001年11月16日
    Oddometer:
    What a beater you bought. Dude must have never taken care of it.

看起来伟大的林登,享受痛苦的一个d riding and hook up with that other crazy brit down there
  8. AntWare

AntWareLost In Translation

加入:
    Oct 10, 2002
    Oddometer:
    I think that's the chappy that blew by me in Austin last weekend...
    those Remus's sure sounded sweet bouncing off of the rev limiter:rofl
  9. Steverino

SteverinoArrogant Horse's Ass #1

加入:
    2001年11月16日
    Oddometer:
    I bet that is the fisrt thing he adds to his new Suoer Enduro. Remus Revolutions.:交易

I think CMWoodys did all the mucking up when he rode it.:交易
  10. Pyndon

Pyndon长计时器

加入:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    在两个轮子上的某个地方!
    Working on all the Tech Bulletins that have not bee done on the bike today! Should be fun.

The front brake calipers were both removed from the bike and fully stripped and cleaned, greased up and re-built with fresh fluid.....sweeeeeeeeet!

As for the rev-limiter, glad to hear it was doing its job....thats what it is there for!!!:wink: :wink:

Will continue story after a couple days more work.....watch this space.

Pyn
  11. volbeat22

volbeat22N/A。

加入:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Oddometer:
    Great write-up. Better reading than my last issue of Motorcylist!
  12. Pyndon

Pyndon长计时器

加入:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    在两个轮子上的某个地方!
    cmwoodys-那是我正在等待的自行车!DFW KTM的家伙很棒,他们削减了很多。

我将花费我$ 17000的费用来获得与这一规格相同的新规格。实际上只花了我$ 11500:拍so I now have more money to go and ride it:wink:

As for the seat, got a Renazco on the way so no farts on that one:D

Pyn
  13. ktmnate

ktmnate长计时器

加入:
    2003年5月7日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Somewhere
    哇!您在几天内完成了工作,花了几个月。:拍

Nate
  14. CMWoody

CMWoody禁止

加入:
    2004年8月28日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    北卡罗来纳州霍特维尔
    Good guys at DFW KTM indeed. Helpful, knowledgable, and cut a fantastic deal... Flying in Tuesday and we're riding to Buena Vista from there Wednesday...Hurry up, get'er done and go with us!

Isn't it a small world? I was too slow on Steve-O's and searched the country for deal on a new S...weird eh?
  15. b0mb3r

b0mb3r旧git

加入:
    2005年1月30日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    wow nice post:D :D :D :D
  16. YOGOI

YOGOIPrick

加入:
    Jun 21, 2004
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Logan, Utah
    好东西!!!!!!!希望您在橙色粉碎中坚持一会儿。很高兴看到一些真正的乐观质量帖子。希望从Ya那里看到更多。
  17. vanimal

vanimalsmiling under my helmet

加入:
    2006年4月10日
    Oddometer:
    hey pyn that looks like a lot of work. i'm thankful for the pics cause it's always a nice reference to look at. there was a time when i used to do all my own mechanic work but as the years go by i found it more convenient to have someone else work on my stuff. i just want to say that you and others that have posted here have inspired me to start working on my own bike again. thanks for the post and keep us informed on your bike. peace.:freaky
  18. S Won

S WonBeen here awhile

加入:
    2004年11月1日
    Oddometer:
    Pyndon,
    Glad to see you got a bike! Great thread!

S Won
  19. ktmnate

ktmnate长计时器

加入:
    2003年5月7日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Somewhere
    I want to thank you for getting me off my A$$. My 620 needed some attention and your report got me going. It had been down for over a month.

这是我发现的:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now I have to wait untill Tuesday for the shop to open.

Nate
  20. osteo

osteo运动是生命

加入:
    2004年11月1日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    somewhere in Ontario, Canada
    Nate - Holy Sh@# :eek1 :eek1 not sure if it gets much scarier than that!

Pyn - awesome job!, I've had my bike from brand spanking new and you are making me think I should do all that with my bike!!

I'm subscribing to this thread so I don't miss anything!!:耳朵

D