Geico adventure rally Nov 7-10 2019 Julian, CA

讨论'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started byLordMorgan,Oct 15, 2019.

1. LordMorgan

LordMorganBeen here awhile

加入:
    2019年4月1日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Corona, CA
    还有谁要去?我正在注册,但我没有团队

And does anyone know of a discount code?:瑞奇
  2. DSchmidt7of7

DSchmidt7of7Been here awhile

加入:
    2014年11月6日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    SoCal -OC和San Berdo MTNS
    I'm going. Don't think there's any discounts, but the "Meal Package" seems like a good deal. I went last year and had a great time. If your serious about competing you should expect a lot of time on the bike and lotsa road miles to bag all of the rally points. We rode as far away as the Salton Sea and the Mexican Border at Tecate. Got to see a bunch of places I'd never been to.

You might want to check the rally website on the FAQ page where there's a link to a spreadsheet of solo riders looking for teams. All different types of bikes and rider skills listed - some want a faster pace, others not so much.
    Rips Millarlikes this.
  3. LordMorgan

加入:
    2019年4月1日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Corona, CA
    Thanks man, I'm the one who started the email yesterday:d

我可能会坐50/50轮胎,更像是60/40的污垢,但是如果我们去70,我仍然可以挂在高速公路上。我希望朱利安北部和南部的山丘上有很多检查站(也许是在Esco LoL的Stone Brewery中的一家),因为向东驶向Borrego/Salton Sea是一条完整的Lotta深层粉质沙沙。Palomar MTN也是一个非常有趣的旅程,如果那个地区有泥土径,我很乐意击中EM。

If you dont already have a team I'd like to ride with you, I'm not sure whats going on with Steve if he has other friends hes going to ride with or if he and I are still putting together a team
  4. WADE-O

WADE-OBeen here awhile

加入:
    2011年6月18日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    我去年骑了它,帕洛玛山是地图的西边缘,救世山是东部边缘。墨西哥显然是南部边界,而北部的北部实际上没有什么比帕洛玛到萨尔顿海了。您想从技术450 CC的东西来做任何类型的骑行,到更容易适合大型自行车的污垢,甚至适合您的人行道。现在他们确实说该地图本来是新的,所以今年可能是一张更大的地图。
    LordMorganlikes this.
  5. 媒体

媒体加时赛

加入:
    2006年8月6日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Pacific North Wet
    Sounds like fun - look forward to seeing you there.

Happy Trails
    LordMorganlikes this.
  6. ADVraider

ADVraiderLong timer

加入:
    Dec 20, 2014
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    西海岸
    伙计们,是否知道这种情况是否发生在Norcal地区?
  7. LordMorgan

加入:
    2019年4月1日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Corona, CA
    好的,我必须说这是我去过的最好的集会。从Atart到结束的一切都很棒,在第一个晚上免费啤酒,迎合早餐和晚餐,有趣的活动,出色的骑行,出色的演讲者和抽奖奖,现场音乐,BDR电影...我度过了愉快的时光,我鼓励所有人阅读此书以参加明年。对于图片,请在Instagram上查找#Advrally,有数百个
    索诺兰andrgiroux像这样。
  8. rgiroux

rgiroux隐形人

加入:
    2008年6月24日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Socal near the great 33
    是的,我们也爆炸了。好的,不是在星期六 - 14英里的沙子,只花了4个小时:)
    否则,一个跑步良好,有趣的漫长周末。真的也很喜欢Redneck Rodeo。
  9. DSchmidt7of7

加入:
    2014年11月6日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    SoCal -OC和San Berdo MTNS
    这是一个很棒的事件。

餐饮食品选择(每个黑夜都有早餐和晚餐)是金色的,意味着更多时间与其他骑手和供应商一起徘徊和BS。自我指导的寻宝方法意味着很少的灰尘,并为团队提供了选择(或避免)更艰难的部分的机会。来自美国,加拿大和其他地方的骑手使事情变得有趣,有些球队全力以赴,而另一些团队则更容易。营地的各种自行车挑战“冒险游戏”,出色的娱乐和值新利18苹果得的抽奖活动使晚上变得有趣。
    (旁注:我确实认为他们应该为所有柔软的沙子的受害者重命名为“谦虚的山谷”之类的东西。:muutt

See you next year.

The "Snake Dude"
    rgirouxandLordMorgan像这样。
  10. Buster452

Buster452Been here awhile

加入:
    Sep 2, 2009
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    吉尔伯特,亚利桑那州
    这种集会和格式(寻宝游戏风格)很棒。几年前,我在亚利桑那州举行了一个无限的山地疯狂活动,这是相似的,但是这一事件更大,更好。

Grapevine Canyon was a bit of a mess. Still paying for it with a leg in a cast. Still going back next year though.

有人知道在美国采用这种格式的其他集会吗?

BTW, for anyone that didn't go and don't know the format. You were given a map with numbered locations on it. A book had a page for each of those numbers locations with photos and descriptions. You then put together a route that would allow you to visit as many of those locations within the allotted time. Some locations were easy and on pavement while others were some tough single-track with some in-between. The tougher the location, the more points you got for visiting it. Each day scores were totaled and daily leaders (top 10) were announced each night. Overall wasn't announced until the last night.

The rally and camping was out of Stagecoach Springs Resort east of Julian. The riding took you as far east as Slab City east of Salton Sea, west into Cleveland National Forest and south to the border of Mexico.
    LordMorganlikes this.
  11. kmag

kmagAverage Sedentary Man

加入:
    2014年4月10日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    La Crescenta CA
  12. Steamboat87

Steamboat87现在,印第安纳州的Socal提出并为此感到自豪!

加入:
    Sep 30, 2018
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    加利福尼亚河滨
    Does anyone remember how hard the checked your license for the motorcycle endorsement? They ask for your drivers license number, just curious as to why. My teammate is using my second bike and has an endorsement for his previous states license, hasn’t transferred it. I mention that because he knows how to ride but, well here we are.
    Thanks
  13. DSchmidt7of7

加入:
    2014年11月6日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    SoCal -OC和San Berdo MTNS
    Regarding moto license endorsement, I've been to the rally twice and was not asked to show my license nor did they even look at the bike. YMMV

See you there.
    Steamboat87andel Pete像这样。
  14. kmag

加入:
    2014年4月10日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    La Crescenta CA
    由于这个线程很活跃,我们两个人在Stagecoach预订了一个营地(周日),并为另外两个带自行车/帐篷的车手提供了空间。它在RV区域,但希望还可以。可以肯定的是,所有帐篷网站都已预订。只是想分享成本。
    霍克斯特likes this.
  15. StephanLAS

StephanLASAdventurer

加入:
    Jul 27, 2020
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Las Vegas, nv
    Wish I'd see this a little earlier, I just booked a (tent) site in the group camp area. They told me that most sites are booked, but they have some RV sites left, as well as the one I booked in the group camp area (cannot be booked online, you have to call).

每晚39美元以上的税款昂贵。我不确定是否可以与他人共享。如果有人想与我分享,我可以打电话给他们,询问有多少空间以及他们是否允许共享。

As far as the riding, Im a beginner to intermediate rider on a big heavy bike. Ive signed up on their SOLO spreadsheet and am hoping to find someone chill
  16. kmag

加入:
    2014年4月10日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    La Crescenta CA
    Yup, $40 a night seemed a bit steep. I think you can have up to 4 people per site so I am taking that to mean 4 tents and 4 bikes (might have to put bikes in an overflow area?). I would expect them to be fairly accommodating for this event.
    Re: the Solo sheet, I guess you requested and got edit access? I can only insert a "comment" in each cell, which does not show up ( pending approval?).
    如果您想取消您的网站并加入我们的网站,我会开放的。试图降低成本。我可能会称他们只是为了澄清活动的政策。我可以跟进。
  17. StephanLAS

StephanLASAdventurer

加入:
    Jul 27, 2020
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Las Vegas, nv
    明天打电话给RE露营地。他们确实告诉我将收取15美元的取消费,但是如果我加入您的网站,也许他们会放弃它。您确定有足够的物理空间可容纳3个帐篷和自行车。.可能有点紧张... ID更喜欢亲自让我的自行车在我附近。

Re the spreadsheet, I did not have to request any access, but I did notice that they have an incorrect link to an outdate spreadsheet on the page that confirms the registration.. that link goes to a page with no tab for 2021. The correct link is buried deep in the FAQ section which is itself hard to find. See if这个链接为您工作。我在第26行的末尾添加了我的详细信息,而无需做任何特别的事情(如果您没有Gmail帐户和/或不要让它签名,这也许是引起问题)。
  18. kmag

加入:
    2014年4月10日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    La Crescenta CA
    @stephanlas如我的帖子中所述,我们有一个RV网站。我不知道那里有多少空间。也不知道房车之间会是什么样。
    If it seems (and makes sense) that we could share your site, I'd be willing to take the $15 hit and split your site 3 ways (maybe 4 if that worked).
    I expect I'll call them tomorrow as well to figure out all the options.
    The link you shared works for me. I registered a long time ago and pulled the link off the FAQ but I guess it was outdated at the time.
    我什至找不到FAQ页面。
    无论如何,让我们在度假村进行查询,但直到我们都在同一页面上,才能更改任何内容?
  19. StephanLAS

StephanLASAdventurer

加入:
    Jul 27, 2020
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    Las Vegas, nv
    Glad the link worked... Im good with splitting my site if it can accommodate us all.. its site number263in the group camp area which is the area that the organizer of the rally recommended I ask for and the guy at the park said it had a little shade so it sounded like a good choice.

Site 263 is located in theCoyote Pack公园地图区域你可以找到in the upper left quadrant of this map. Let me know what they say about that, and if you decide to join me, I'd of course split the $15 fee as well. Just want to be sure we would have room to spread out a little bit
    kmaglikes this.
  20. kmag

加入:
    2014年4月10日
    Oddometer:
    地点:
    La Crescenta CA
    Sending you a PM