Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTénéré owners: Show Us Your Bikes!

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started byAndreiZ,Jun 21, 2010.

1. Knute Dunrvnyet

Knute DunrvnyetPadawan

Oddometer:
    Youse guys all suck!:wave
    I drove 12 hours to Ohio 'back in '94 to buy my used '89 SuperT, then never got an opportunity to ride it as it needed: cuz I got married/had kids a few years l8r. "Self Inflicted Injury" ['SII'] indeed. It went away, via eBay, in 2005.:cryOf course, I am 'vertically challenged,' and got in 'way over my head a buncha times with the beast, (cuz I come from enduro and trials riding.) [My '89 XT600 is a better match for me; so I guess I would 'settle' for a 660 Tenere...]

Best wishes to all YFFs fortunate enuff to have the opportunity to own and ride a 2010 "SuperT!"[amuchbetter nickname than 'S10,' imho.]
    I am feeling something much worse than penis envy!!!!!!!
    Good on you all, enjoy!
    Please keep posting your pics!

:gergknute
  2. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_UncleLong timer

Oddometer:
    Again, FYFF!! I am totally jeolous!!
  3. squirley

squirleypunk in drublic

Oddometer:
    嗯…我想知道这一个未使用的肾脏可以局域网d me enough for a studio apartment in europe......with a parking spot for the euro only super of course!:confused :dunno
  4. sinex

sinexAdventurer

Oddometer:
  5. GrahamD

GrahamDLong timer

Oddometer:
  6. rocca

roccaBeen here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  7. Olirider

OliriderLong timer

Oddometer:
    As I use the blue beast to commute every day in the crowded Paris suburbs, I bought today a Givi E470 top case.
    I will remove the side cases to ease lane splitting. An other reason is that it is no more possible to open the side cases with the top case fitted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, the pictures are taken in front of the "cimetière des chiens" (Cemetery of Dogs)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimeti%C3%A8re_des_Chiensin Asnières sur Seine where the famous movie star Rin Tin Tin is buried.
    MaiSuper10likes this.
  8. GB

GB.AdministratorSuper Moderator

Oddometer:
    Oli,
    Did you just use a universal Givi monolock plate or is there one made specifically for the S10? Good to know you can't open the panniers with the Givi top case fitted, which is my top case of choice.
  9. Olirider

OliriderLong timer

Oddometer:
    Hi GB,
    This is the universal Givi monolock plate which was included with the top case. So, no additional gear to buy.
    I know that some people were able to mount the top case higher (home made bracket) in order to be able to open the side cases.

Olivier
  10. RunningBare

RunningBareBeen here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw one of these today for the first time, I think Yamaha should be charged with cruelty to poor people.:cry
  11. R3B

R3BLazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    How cruel, we had to bring it ourselves, al the way from Nijmegen to the most southern Border of the Netherlands, what an ordeal:-)

[​IMG]
  12. Olirider

OliriderLong timer

Oddometer:
    Congratulations R3B ! I hope you'll like your bike as much as you speak about it !:D

What about your tires ? Did'nt you get the usual trailwings ?
  13. dcstrom

dcstromLong timer

Oddometer:
    Terrible, how life sucks for you!

You must have done a deal on the tires? And gotten the poor thing dirty already!

Trevor (the Tenere-less)

PS - Congrats!
  14. Too_Tall

Too_TallThe Belgian

Oddometer:
    Beste R3B,

Ik haat U.

mvg

:lol3 :freaky
  15. R3B

R3BLazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Nope, i'm an Offroad rider, and Trailwings are reasonable dual sport tires, but not very confortable off tarmac, espacially the rocky split road here about are no fun with semi road tires, and in Autumn the mud is undoable, so i ride Tkc's since 1999.

And if you ask the dealer to fit them right away, he can sell the BW's as new, so it's just a swap deal. And i must say, although i only did some quiet back roads (still breaking in the engine) i'm amased at how well the ABS functions on reasonable steep downslopes, it outbraked my guts with a pristine bike:-)

I Can confirm the rubbyness at about 3000 rpm though, its not much, but you defenitely feel a bit of een slight judder like a slightghtle slipping clutch, not pinging, but some rithmics out of the drivetrain i presume.

But hey if it were silky smooth, it would be like riding elektric !

Oh and my southern brother, don't sulk, you not even could buy one no, they are oficially sold out now (90 sold in the Netherlands in 1,5 month) it's a Hit:-)
  16. Too_Tall

Too_TallThe Belgian

Oddometer:
    :DI hope this bike becomes a raving success, and it looks like it's moving that way. Please continue posting your experiences with the bike, and have fun breaking it in!:clap
  17. R3B

R3BLazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Well its first stint of the breaking in is completed, onto Wemperhardt it ran 1:18.8 so a lot of petrol was being used to polisch internal surfaces, at the very long slope down to Eupen it was verry funny to see the display saying it runs 1:37 doing 110 km/h:-)

[​IMG]

It now has 533 on the odo, so can be used as intended dilligently, and consumption is now down to 1:20, so it's loosening up nicely, Wednesday it's first service, than we see if it took the first hurdle nicely, he feels verry sound and quite confidence inspiring, the TKC's are almost rubbed in now.

[​IMG]
  18. Old Git Ray

Old Git RayNow retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer:
    UK based, Bored because I am not travelling
  19. R3B

R3BLazy Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Well ain't that good news for those poor Ol'GeeSers:evil
  20. tdm900r

tdm900rGREECE

Oddometer: