木头:世界上有什么新木材热。

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started byA-Bone,Oct 14, 2010.

1. crankshaft

crankshaftGuns are for pussies

加入:
    Aug 12, 2004
    Oddometer:
    Nope
  2. crankshaft

加入:
    Aug 12, 2004
    Oddometer:
    Dual fuel is gone.... Against code
  3. JohnDavid

JohnDavidBeen here awhile

加入:
    Nov 20, 2009
    Oddometer:
  4. Cirrus

CirrusAdventurer

加入:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Oddometer:
    We just moved into our place in May and we've only had this little thing going a few times.

[​IMG]

I don't think its a great stove. I've had it chock full and it barely heats up the down stairs.

The house also came with this combo. We fired it up when we first moved in but had to shut it down after fire started raining down on our deck. :eek1 I cleaned the chimney after that but I haven't started it since. I've been trying to get wood delivered since May with no luck.

[​IMG]
  5. nofate

nofatewhat blackflies?

加入:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Oddometer:
    The problem with some of those dual fuel furnaces is that the chimney gets creosoted when the damper on the wood fire closes to maintain the temperature set at your wall thermostat. Keep the chimney hot by either burning hot fires for short periods or smaller long term fires with the thermostat set at a higher value. Chimney fires are not fun. If you had one inspect the flue for signs of damage.
  6. Nailhead

NailheadPuck FutinSupporter

加入:
    Apr 6, 2003
    Oddometer:
    If you only knew how many attempts I made to spell it correctly...:eek1
  7. A-Bone

A-BoneIndubitably

加入:
    Jun 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
  8. crankshaft

加入:
    Aug 12, 2004
    Oddometer:
    Exactly..... Solid fuel and liquid fuel cant vent in the same flue in our code jurisdiction .....as I recall. Gas is for sure a no no.
    Most do the wood side as an add on.
  9. nofate

nofatewhat blackflies?

加入:
    Nov 3, 2005
    Oddometer:
    My combination furnace is wood - electric so the chimney is only required for wood smoke. I heat mostly with wood and in 26 years have only had to replace the fan motor. My wood warms me many times though.:D
  10. Bryn1203

Bryn1203Dances with spaniels

加入:
    Aug 7, 2009
    Oddometer:
    we run a contemporary Jøtul F 273 stove - love the contemporary look - it takes 18" logs diagonally - we get thru about 2.5 cord (4ftx4ftx8ft stack) a winter to heat a 4 bedroom house.
    http://www.woodburningstovesco.co.uk/EZ/wbs/wbs/prod_jotul_f_273.php?PHPSESSID=qbccikdhbuu6qs2s52lnrl65h6&model=25

我想他ping large pebbles round it to get thermal mass - but the wife won't let me. I reckon the pebbles could be stacked and taken down in the summer - not need for a permanent fit.

I sell firewood wood as a side line.
    Current prices are £50 a cubic metre bulk bag - its probably about 3 cu.m. per cord.

[​IMG]
  11. A-Bone

A-BoneIndubitably

加入:
    Jun 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
    I thought you guys cut down all your trees a long time ago???

:lol3

I honestly thought you guys mostly burned coal....

Do a lot of people burn wood??...
  12. Nailhead

NailheadPuck FutinSupporter

加入:
    Apr 6, 2003
    Oddometer:
    It's not like Lebanon-- they do actually have some trees there.

At least I saw some onTop Gear.
  13. A-Bone

A-BoneIndubitably

加入:
    Jun 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
    :lol3

I know they havesometrees, but everyone makes the UK out to be the ultra Nanny State that regulates the shit out of everything...So I naturally thought if they are hard to burn in California they must be just about illegal to burn in the UK...:D
  14. DriveShaft

DriveShaftLong timer

加入:
    May 17, 2005
    Oddometer:
    What is wood gassification?
  15. A-Bone

A-BoneIndubitably

加入:
    Jun 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
  16. Piston

PistonLong timer

加入:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Oddometer:
    Glad your happy with your Woodstock Fireview, mine is in the delivery truck now on its way from West Lebanon. I should have it tomorrow when I get home from work.:clap

I read up quite a bit on hearth.com and found that almost everyone is happy with the Fireview and the Woodstock customer service is excellent. I was nervous making the decision to buy but now am happy I did. It only took me 2 yrs to pull the trigger.:D
    Hoping to burn a lot less wood this year.
  17. Cirrus

CirrusAdventurer

加入:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Oddometer:

Judging from the small amount of wood left behind by the previous owner, he was burning wet wood. Mostly wet fir, which around here, is very sappy. I cleaned a TON of creosote out of both of my chimneys.

It hasn't been cold enough yet to have the wood furnace going, but the oil fires up for about 20 minutes in the morning. Shorter than it would take to get the fire going.

I LOVE that wood heat thou!

And I'm pretty envious of you guys with the oak.. Man that must be nice to burn.
    spokesterlikes this.
  18. A-Bone

A-BoneIndubitably

加入:
    Jun 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
    :thumb

I couldn't be happier with it unless it stacked the wood...

They've got a nice little operation up there... stop by anytime.. the show room is at the factory and they'll take you right through the factory..

The cool part is all the sales guys are the guys that work in the factory.. they all take turns working on the floor..so they know these things inside and out... and are definitely not used car salesmen...

When we picked ours up they had a whole line up of them... we got to pick the one we wanted (as there are slight variations in stone color and character)..

Great process: from the factory to your home.. and you can tell they take pride in their product... that is pretty cool these days..
  19. A-Bone

A-BoneIndubitably

加入:
    Jun 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
    For the record.. I don't have anything to do with Woodstock Soapstone... I don't know anyone that works there, I don't play a stove salesman on TV, I'm not dating the owner's daughter.. nuthin...

I'm just a happy customer that is glad to do business with a nice local business..
  20. Death Dealer

Death DealerBeen here awhile

加入:
    May 16, 2008
    Oddometer:
    bump for 6" of snow last night!